libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: (Corrected)In linusb-1.0, libusb_detach_kernel_driver is available unconditional

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 14:37:40 +0200

    Xiaofan> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 7:40 PM, Thomas Jarosch
    Xiaofan> <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> On Tuesday, 18. May 2010 13:32:39 Uwe Bonnes wrote:
    >>> Sorry, next time I will compiled before sending the patch...
    >>>
    >>> The variable "ret" in the #ifdef'ed code was missing. Appended code
    >>> now defines this variable.
    >>> -
    >>  Hmm. I guess we should also ignore the "LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED"
    >> error code to make this work. Otherwise ftdi_usb_open_dev() will
    >> abort...
How much and when have libftdi and libftdi-1.0 diverged?

libftdi stores the result of usb_detach_kernel_driver_np and checks and
reports EPERM with usb_set_configuration() and usb_claim_interface(). The
messages seem quite hintfull for plain users.

Was this introduces after libusb-1.0 was split off? Or was is removed for
any reason?

Should I port the libusb behaviour to 1.0?
--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx