libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Baudrates greater than 3 MBit/s with FT2232H

From: Christian Illy <christian.illy@xxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 08:41:40 +0100
Hi Terry,

I got around the problem for now by sending the right control message manually
(which I got by analyzing the
USB traffic of a Windows program which uses FTD2XX).

        if (usb_control_msg(ftdic.usb_dev, FTDI_DEVICE_OUT_REQTYPE,
                SIO_SET_BAUDRATE_REQUEST, 0, 0x0202, NULL, 0,
                ftdic.usb_write_timeout) != 0) {
                fprintf(stderr,
                        "unable to set lineprops: -2 (Setting new baudrate
failed)\n");
                return EXIT_FAILURE;
        }

In the end it would of course be nicer to have a fully FT2232H compliant
set_baudrate routine ;)

Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,
I have a patched version of the ftdi_convert_baudrate routine
which handles baud rates up to 12Mbaud (as checked with program
timing, but not with a 'scope).
I havent submitted it as a) there seemed to be others working
on this, b) I hit other problems with the ftdi serial stuff and
c) I've decided to use bit-bang mode instead. But you're welcome
to the code..
Cheers,
Terry

Hi,

I'm currently prototyping a project with an FT2232H. Under Windows I've got no problem reaching about 9 MBaud with the FTD2XX driver. With libftdi I can only set baudrates up to 3 MBaud. If I try to set any more I get the following error: unable to set baudrate: -1 (Unsupported baudrate. Note: bitbang baudrates are automatically multiplied by 4)

Is there any way to fix this?

(tried the code from the Git repository checked out a few hours ago)

Regards,
Chris