libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Segfault (Was: Re: Question about ftdi_read_data().)

From: Teunis van Beelen <teuniz@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:01:25 +0100
I discovered the cause of the segfault. I was using the old (0.16)
headerfile and the new 0.17 source-file.
I think this happened because version 0.16 was installed systemwide
(make install) which I didn't with version
0.17. I just copied ftdi.h and ftdi.c into my project dir.

After correcting my mistake, it works fine.

Sorry for bothering.

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Gerd v. Egidy
<gerd.von.egidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Teunis,
>
>> p.s. LibFTDI 0.17 causes an immediate segfault. 0.16 works ok (using
>> libUSB 0.1.12).
>
> could you compile your program with debug symbols and without optimization
> (usually -O0 -g), run it and and create a backtrace in gdb? I'd like to see
> where the segfault happens to fix it.
>
> Thanky you very much.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Gerd
>
> --
> libftdi - see http://www.intra2net.com/en/developer/libftdi for details.

"C'è qualcosa nella nebbia! Qualcosa nella nebia ha preso John Lee!"