libftdi Archives

Subject: RE: Question about ftdi_read_data().

From: Sivaram Gowkanapalli <sivaramreddy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 00:55:58 -0500
Check out the "latency timer" functionality.

I am not sure if your device has it.

The datasheet of the FT4232H, says the below:

"Latency Timer. This is really a feature of the driver and is used to as a timeout to flush short packets of data back to the PC. The default is 16ms, but it can be altered between 0ms and 256ms. At 0ms latency you get a packet transfer on every high speed microframe."