libftdi Archives

Subject: Speed of BitBang Modus with FT2232H

From: Steffen Mauch <steffen.mauch@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 22:55:43 +0100
Hi,

I got my breakout modul with FT2322H today.
After modifying the bitbang.c in example dir and setting the baudrate to 236400, I messured with an oszi a rect with f=10MHz.

I couldn't set the baudrate to a higher value, so is this the highest possible baudrate?

Does anyone know, what the maximum possible speed (in MB/s) is?

The reason is:
I want to aquire data from an parallel ADC, which has a SPI equivalent bus.
But this ADC has four outputs, no input and a CLK line.
CLK is not allowed to be higher then 27 MHz.

So is it correct, that the BitBang modus would be the best choice?

Sincerely,

Steffen Mauch

cand. B.Sc. Steffen Mauch

Digital Communications & Signal Processing Lab
Fakultät Computer & Electrical Engineering

Hochschule Furtwangen University
Robert-Gerwig-Platz 1
78120 Furtwangen

Cell   +49 (0)1511 235 2355