libftdi Archives

Subject: 1.0 vs 0.16 include path change

From: Albert ARIBAUD <albert.aribaud@xxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 07:58:13 +0100
Hi,

I've come across a problem compiling OpenOCD with LIBFTDI, both from latest git: LIBFTDI puts headers in /usr/include/libftdi while OpenOCD expects them to be in /usr/include, and fails compiling files which have a #include <ftdi.h>.

This header location is a departure from older LIBFTDI, such as 0.16, where headers went to /usr/include. For instance, see <http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/amd64/libftdi-dev/filelist> which is for 0.16.

I bisected the issue to commit 0b2d00fcee8dee36c47060e933d4adbefa05a56e which introduced CMakeLists. This is the file that defines the LIBFTDI include path to be /usr/include/libftdi.

I am just pointing out the change in order to make sure you know it happened (the changelogs did not mention that explicitely) and can decide if that was your intention or not--anyway, I believe OpenOCD should use pkg-config to find out about the includes and libs of libftdi.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.