libftdi Archives

Subject: Patch: EEPROM location Read and Write function

From: "Signalyzer ( www.signalyzer.com )" <web@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 14:08:34 -0700
Hi all,

I would like to submit a patch to ftdilib and add following functions
to allow individual EEPROM locations reads and writes (similar to
FTDI's FT_ReadEE() and FT_WriteEE():
   int ftdi_read_eeprom_location (struct ftdi_context *ftdi, int
eeprom_addr, unsigned short *eeprom_val);
   int ftdi_write_eeprom_location(struct ftdi_context *ftdi, int
eeprom_addr, unsigned short eeprom_val);

The Signalyzer H2 and Signalyzer H4 products I'm working on relies on
the EEPROM interface for the additional features and capabilities that
were added to the product ( additional GPIO, ADC, PWM, LED control,
aux I2C interface), in order to be able to utilize them when libftdi
is used individual EEPROM locations needs to be read/written, the
functions I'm proposing to add to the libftdi will serve this purpose.

Many thanks,
Oleg Seiljus
http://www.signalyzer.com