libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: interface A on a 4232

From: Paul Fox <pgf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 17:12:30 -0400
alex wrote:
 > On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 6:06 AM, Paul Fox <pgf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > > i see in the archives that someone else was having trouble
 > > with interface A on a 4232.  i'm using a mini-module.  using
 > > the example bitbang_ft2232.c (substituting 6011 for 6001 for
 > > the device id), and also using a copy i've been modifying for
 > > my purposes, which only opens one interface, i can get success
 > > on interface B, but not on interface A.
 >
 > Hi Paul, what version of libftdi are you using?  I've been able to
 > test the serial operation of all ports successfully by tying rx/tx
 > together.  I haven't tried GPIO on interface A yet.

hi alex -- we seem to have two "pauls" with similar problems.  my problem
is described above, though i wasn't complete:  i'm using one of the module's
MPSSE blocks to drive a SPI interface.  as i mentioned earlier, i'm using
the 0.16 release, which is almost the same as current git.  (unlike the
other paul, i don't need more than one interface -- either of A or B will
work for me, so i'm using B for now.)

paul