libftdi Archives

Subject: Python Bindings

From: James Snyder <jbsnyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 13:08:34 -0500
Hi -

I'm wondering if anyone is using the python bindings yet?

I've attempted to play around with them and found that at least with the SWIG I've got I had to rearrange a few things to get them to compile properly. There are also some macros provided by cstring.i that make using at least the read function a lot more python-like.

Also, It seems like many of these functions are ripe to become methods for a class that deals with the context struct. I'm not sure of the best way to do this since I'm not a SWIG expert.

Best.

-jsnyder

--
James Snyder