libftdi Archives

Subject: D2XX

From: Florian Beier <florian.beier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:54:18 +0200
Hi,

I am trying to use a FT2232D to communicate via SPI with a sensor
device. Until now, I have been using the FTDI D2XX lib and I got it
working with that.

Now I am trying to switch to the libftdi.
I started with the opensource ftd2xx lib
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ftd2xx, but the project seems to be
pretty dead and a lot of D2XX functions aren't implemented. With the
actual libftdi, I managed to implement most of the D2XX functions I
need. So here comes my problem:

I use the FT_GetQueueStatus to check if  new data is in the device
buffer. In the dead ftd2xx lib, that function uses ftdi_poll_read to
check for new data, but in the actual libftdi, there is no such
function anymore.
So how can I check the ftdi buffer?

Thanks for any hints!
Florian