libftdi Archives

Subject: RE: SOLVED: Release 0.15 and the ft2232 data loss.

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 21:06:03 +0100

    David> Patch file attached for ftdi.c
    >> If I understood Uwe Bonnes correctly, this could read:
    >>
    >> if (dev->descriptor.bcdDevice == 0x700 || dev->descriptor.bcdDevice
    >> == 0x800)
    >>
    >> Right?

    David> I think we need to add a device type for the FT4232H with
    David> bcdDevice == 0x800.  Uwe can advise on the appropriate packet
    David> size for that device.

I don't have a FT4432H device, so I can't comment on the bcdDevice number.

But the FT4432H is a USB-2.0 High Speed device like the FT2232H, and the
maximum packet size for a high speed device for the bulk endpoints is 512
bytes versus 64 bytes for full speed devices. It wouldn't make sense, if the
FT4432h uses a smaller packer size, as this will hog the USB channel, where
4 serial to usb machines inside the FT4432h wait to pump theier data through
the USB channel.

Bye

--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx