libftdi Archives

Subject: RE: Release 0.15 and the ft2232 data loss.

From: "David Challis" <dchallis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:25:01 -0700
Not with the current camera design.  The synchronous FIFO mode requires that
the data source sync the writes with the ft2232H clk output.  It will
require a logic change to accommodate that.  We are working on a future
design that will do this, as the data rate required is much higher, but we'd
like to retrofit the current design with a ft2232H, which means we need to
use the async FIFO mode.

Async FIFO should have plenty of bandwidth (and it works well with windows).

Dave