libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi missing definition for usb_dev_handle

From: Laurent Perez <laurent.perez@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:41:18 +0100
Hello Steve,

> now I am trying try track down usb.h (Erdfelt) containing
> a reference to usb_dev_handle.  It does not appear
> in libusb-1.0.0, nor in libftdi.  so it must be a system file?

libusb-1.0 is not backward compatible with the good old libusb-0.1.
In order to build and run programs that rely on libusb-0.1, you will need
to instal libusb-compat-0.1 compatibility layer [1]. You probably only
miss header file from this package. The lib itself should already be
installed on your system as much of usb relative tools hasn't been ported
to new libusb-1.0.

Regards ;

Laurent.

Links :