ipt_ACCOUNT Archives

Subject: Re: ipt_ACCOUNT and iptables 1.4.4

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Blaza <blaza.8@xxxxxxxxx>, ipt_ACCOUNT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 15:22:33 +0200
Hello Blazej,

On Tuesday, 4. August 2009 15:11:43 you wrote:
> I have tried to compile the ipt_ACCOUNT 1.15 with the iptables 1.4.4.
> The kernel part went well (2.6.30.3) and it works with the older
> iptables (1.4.0). But it seems like in iptables 1.4.4 there are some
> significant changes. I found out that some of the functions were
> renemed. After applying the ipt_ACCOUNT with pom there are some
> errors. When I have tried to chenge the functions names in
> libipt_ACCOUNT.c it has compiled successfully but using it with
> iptables -j ACCOUNT... returns an error: Couldn't load target
> 'ACCOUNT': null
> Do you have some experience with iptables 1.4.4. Does the ipt_ACCOUNT
> work or it needs some fixes?

We're using ipt_ACCOUNT with iptables 1.4.2, I haven't tried 1.4.4 yet.
So yes, it could be that it needs some changes.

Right now I'm busy at $dayjob, guess it will take about two weeks
until I can take a look at it. Feel free to fix it yourself,
I'll happily accept patches.

btw: We have created a mailinglist for ipt_ACCOUNT:

ipt_ACCOUNT - see http://www.intra2net.com/en/developer/ipt_ACCOUNT for details.