libftdi Archives

Subject: Problem with stream_test.c

From: Board <board@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:20:07 -0700
Hi,

I am trying to connect a FT232H chip to my computer using the stream_test.c file. I tried it on two different Linux machines (both running Arch-based distributions). I get the same error, namely the call err = ftdi_readstream(ftdi, readCallback, NULL, 4, 128); on line 216 fails with error -2.

My FT232H chip is being driven by an FPGA, and I verified the signals on all the pins were correct with an oscilloscope. Just to be sure, I also forced WR low, to force the chip to constantly get data. The TXE pin is going high, which proves that the chip's buffer is filling up.

In the FT_PROG program, I configured my chip with the following settings:

Hardware: 245 FIFO

Driver: D2xx Direct (Selecting Virtual COM Port didn't help)

VID: 0403

PID: 6014 (I made sure to change the PID in the code from 6010 to 6014 to match)

Bus Powered, with 500mA current limit

Looking at the output of dmesg, it does not appear that there was any power cycling or disconnects.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Thanks