libftdi Archives

Subject: #include <libusb.h> vs #include <libusb-1.0/libusb.h>

From: bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 12:13:08 +0200
Hello,

to my knowledge the accepted path to libusb.h for libusb1 is
/usr/lib(xx)/libusb-1.0/libusb.h

However ftdi.c only accesses via  #include <libusb.h>

cmake also emits an warning around libusb:

CMake Warning (dev) at
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:272 (message):
  The package name passed to `find_package_handle_standard_args` (LIBUSB)
  does not match the name of the calling package (USB1).  This can lead to
  problems in calling code that expects `find_package` result variables
  (e.g., `_FOUND`) to follow a certain pattern.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/FindUSB1.cmake:33 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:28 (find_package)

Does libftdi also work with libusb0? If not, I think it should be
#include <libusb-1.0/libusb.h>

Bye

--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx