libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Is it possible use Virtual Serial Port with libftdi driver?

From: Guanyun Zhang <guanyunzh@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 09:07:34 +0100
Thanks Xiaofan for your reply.

Just to double check I understand you correctly:
1. It is still the case now (i.e., Virtual Serial Port is not available when using libFTDI driver).
2. I should try UsbDk driver (https://github.com/daynix/UsbDk), as it may support Virtual Serial Port. Are you suggesting to use UsbDk driver (https://github.com/daynix/UsbDk) to replace libFTDI driver, or alongside it?

Best regards,
Guanyun

On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 at 06:47, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 12:29 AM Guanyun Zhang <guanyunzh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've noticed the "README.mingw" file mentioned back in 2014 that:
>
> "Take note once you replace the original FTDI driver with WinUSB driver,
> you can no longer use the functionality the original FTDI driver provides
> (eg. Virtual Serial Port or D2XX)."
>
> Is this still the case? Has anybody tried to do it?

Yes this is the case.
You can try usbdk driver.

--
Xiaofan