libftdi Archives

Subject: AW: ftdi_eeprom: setting cha_vcp=false has no effect on generated eeprom binary

From: Holger Mößinger <H.Moessinger@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 14:01:04 +0000

Hello,

I was able to spare some time and looked a bit more into this.

I found that channel_a_driver config was not really implemented in ftdi_eeprom for Type_R chips.

Also handling of the type_R high_current_drive parameter was missing or not working.

I have also added some more information to the ftdi_eeprom/example.conf file and added a --verbose option to get some more output when using the --eeprom-read option.

The changes are based on commit 0209a3633dc877a577af07d883eb5059e22f6a91 and are currently available here: https://github.com/5inf/libftdi/commits/master

If there is interest in integrating any of these changes into the official codebase, what is the preferred procedure for sending a patch?

Regards,

Holger