libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Thorlabs controllers with ftdi

From: bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 00:32:03 +0100
Rybak Andrii writes:
> hi everyone!
> i am trying control Thorlabs device with libftdi on my linux host.
> could you please give me reference to simple example to do that?
> Controllers Thorlabs use FTDI type FT232BM.
> I have linux Debian host with  libftdi-dev, libftdi1, libftdi1-2 and
> libftdi1-dev packages installed on it.
> find_all.c example code did not find my Thorlabs controller.

> [141032.117384] usb 3-3: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to
> ttyUSB0

First question should be:
- Is libftdi really needed or is access to /de/ttyUSBx enough.
If you only need to send and read ascii command, libftdi is not
needed. Read the Thorlabs docs to find out what you need

- If you need libftdi, play with the examples. Ask if you have hit
  some problems that you attacked from several sides with no success.

Bye

--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--------- Tel. 06151 1623569 ------- Fax. 06151 1623305 ---------