libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Maximize transfer speeds on Linux with FT232H in sync FIFO mode

From: bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 00:47:21 +0100
Laurenz Kamp writes:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently working with an FT232H that is connected to an FPGA that
> generates the data that is sent to a PC over the FT232H.
>
> The setup works, I can receive data with no data loss. However, the
> transmission speed is well below the advertised 40 MBytes/sec. I am currently
> receiving around 28 MBytes/sec. The FPGA is sending data as soon as the TXE
> line goes low, so I assume the bottleneck lies within the USB connection
> between the FT232H and the PC.
>
> I am running Arch Linux and have installed libftdi from the packet sources.
> The version is reported as 1.4-2. Has anyone experienced this behavior before
> and knows a solution?
>
 > Below is the code I use. I do check return values, I just removed the checks
 > to keep this message short.

Hi,

I did not read the code. Two things to consider:
- Sync Fifo speed needs a good PC and a good USB host implementation.
- Did you try the svnc fifo example in libftdi?
--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--------- Tel. 06151 1623569 ------- Fax. 06151 1623305 ---------