libftdi Archives

Subject: FW: Re: [intra2net-tech] I may have solved my problem of installing the binaries of libftdi for python.

From: "Anthony The Koala" <anthonyofbelfield@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 03:26:04 +1100

Dear libftdi developers,

Thank you for your time.

You may recall of me sending my problem of installing the binaries of libftdi to my python36.

Please correct me on this.

I copied the *.dll and *.a files to the c:/python36/DLL, c:/python36/script

Then I copied the *.py files to the site-packages folder.

Before I submitted my problem as having a DLL load problem by invoking the following command in Python36.

import ftdi as boo.

BUT Now I copied the the *.dll and *.a files to c:/python36. Now In python36, I invoked the command

import fdti1 as boo

#No problem it works, python did not display error messages.

My question: are the *.dll and *.a files supposed to be  in only the c:/python36 only.

Reason for asking is that on another occasion I installed another package with a *.dll file in the c:/python36/scripts folder.

Thank you in advance and until I have another problem, please close the issue.

Anthony of Sydney