libftdi Archives

Subject: Way to flash LEDs related to ftdi port

From: "E.S. Rosenberg" <es.rosenberg+libftdi.i2net@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 03:03:03 +0300
Hi fellow FTDI users,
I was wondering has anyone ever tried to flash the IO LEDs regardless of current IO activity?

The usecase I am thinking about - you have either multiple boards or boards with multiple ports (or both) connected and you don't know which port you are currently interacting with from the software (since it only knows the board serial).
If in software you can cause the IO Leds to flash you can now 'identify' the port you are interacting with.

My direction of thinking is primarily to flash the green (read) LED by actually reading since like that you won't be introducing garbage on the line but as far as I can tell if there is no incoming traffic when you are trying to read the green LED doesn't actually come on.

Any ideas are very welcome!
Thanks,
Eli