libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Parallel build fails: Error: Unable to find 'ftdi1_doc.i'

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Ryan Schmidt <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 09:38:42 +0200
Hello Ryan,

On Saturday, 14 April 2018 04:51:14 CEST Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> I'm a developer with the MacPorts package management system, which includes
> a port for libftdi1.
>
> We found that building in parallel (make -j8) can fail with:
>
> Error: Unable to find 'ftdi1_doc.i'
>
> Here is our bug report about this:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56289

thanks for the report, I was able to reproduce it.

The issue should only happen if doxygen is enabled,
so as a workaround you could try to disable it.

When the documentation is build, a custom dependency is
set in cmake:

        add_dependencies( ${SWIG_MODULE_ftdi1_REAL_NAME} doc_i )

Unfortunately the "swig source" target is built before the actual python
module. I tried toying around with the cmake dependencies for about ten
minutes, but didn't find a quick solution.