libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: FT232H Read returns zero byte

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Ali Ebrahimi <ali.ebrahimi@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 13:31:39 +0200
Hi Ali,

On Monday, 25 September 2017 12:35:45 CEST Ali Ebrahimi wrote:
> Thank you for the quick reply, Thomas.
>
> Does this mean libftdi 1.x should not have this problem?
>
> Also, would you please let me know if the sync fifo mode of 232h has been
> tested and if there is a working example?

I think the timeout code was never forward-ported to libftdi 1.x
and so far nobody complained :)

Back in the days I was a bit hesitant about the code change
since it will change the behavior for existing applications.

Regarding the sync FIFO mode, either someone else on
the list has an idea or I would look around the git history
who contributed the code and ask this person. It will probably work.