libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Building libftdi under Windows with MSYS2

From: Paul Fertser <fercerpav@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 09:28:29 +0300
Hello,

On Mon, Jan 02, 2017 at 09:51:34AM +0800, Xiaofan Chen wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 10:09 PM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Today I tried to build libftdi git under MSYS2 and it seems to be
> > quite easy. Just need to install the necessary dependencies using
> > MSYS2 pacman.
>
> Today I tried again to use latest version of MSYS2 to build libftdi git
> and it is still quite smooth.

As a sidenote, they already include libftdi1-1.2 in their repository
[1] so MSYS2 users do not need to compile anything if they do not need
the latest code. The PKGBUILD file claims it's getting built with
python2 bindings (and it has a build time dependency on python2) but
probably if python3 is installed before libftdi1 gets built, it'll
pick up that instead.

[1]
https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/blob/master/mingw-w64-libftdi/PKGBUILD

mailto:fercerpav@xxxxxxxxx