libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi bitbang for CH341

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 11:16:36 +0100

    Jasper> Good day,  Can libftdi be modified to work wit the CH341 (and
    Jasper> similar) devices in bitbang mode?  findal_pp failed as:

    Jasper> find_all_pp -v 0x1a86 -p 0x7523 Found devices ( VID: 0x1a86,
    Jasper> PID: 0x7523 ) ------------------------------------------------
    Jasper> FTDI (0x12a5710): , ,  (Open FAILED)

    Jasper> I am trying this in the context of an LIRC IR transmitter. I
    Jasper> have tried transmitting and libtdi complains it cannot connect
    Jasper> to the device.  I assume that something as simple as modifying
    Jasper> lines 334-336 in src/ftdi.c in git to include the VID/PID will
    Jasper> not be enough.

Probably few people on this list beside you know about what CH341 is. So
either explain more about the device or experiment more withe the device.
If it contains a FTDI chip, probably adding VID/PID to the right FTDI device
will be enough.

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx