libftdi Archives

Subject: Patch to include arbitrary user data to be added to the EEPROM

From: Salvador Eduardo Tropea <salvador@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 16:11:44 -0300
Hi!

I'm trying to include some data inside the EEPROM generated by ftdi_eeprom tool.
I modified the ftdi_eeprom tool and libftdi to:

1) Support a "--build-eeprom" command line option that just generates the EEPROM image (only flashed if --flash-eeprom is provided)
2) Support two configuration options:
- user_data_addr an integer indicating the offset where we want to put the user provided data. - user_data_file a string indicating the filename that contains the binary data to be added. 3) Extended libftdi API to store the above mentioned data inside the eeprom struct.
4) Extended ftdi_eeprom_build to include this data.

I'm attaching the output of "git diff".
Is this patch acceptable?

Regards, SET

PS: I fixed a couple of computations that assumed the EEPROM size is 128.

--
Ing. Salvador Eduardo Tropea          http://utic.inti.gob.ar/
INTI - Micro y Nanoelectrónica (CMNB) http://www.inti.gob.ar/