libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: how can I get usb port number?

From: Nathael Pajani <nathael.pajani@xxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bryan.Richmond@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 21:58:21 +0200
Hi all

I made a kernel patch to get static usb-serial numbering according to physical
connection
port for Alcatel-lucent, because they needed an way to identify which of the
(up to) 64
devices was related to which tty, without config of rules or other
identification process
of the devices.

I never had time to commit the code to the kernel though I had their
acknowledgment for
this (and it is GPL code anyway :), but I can make it available.

You will find in the patches how to identify a specific USB port and how to
change the USB
numbering shcheme (on simply add a message in syslog which allows easy
identification of
which port holds which device.

Let me know if you are interrested.

As I'm working as a freelance, if you need support to integrate it in your
specific
application I can propose my services for this.

Thanks.
+++

Nathaël PAJANI - ED3L - Techno-Innov
Internet : http://www.ed3l.fr - http://www.techno-innov.fr