libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Data loss while ftdi_read_data() from FT232RL

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 11:38:33 +0800
On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 7:03 PM, Venkatesh Shukla
<venkatesh.shukla.eee11@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Uwe Bonnes
> The library libdivecomputer does use /dev/ttyUSB* efficiently to
> extract data from the device. But I have to do the import part on
> android platform. Android does not provide access to USB devices as
> normal linux systems do, and native code is preferred, I have decided
> to use libftdi for the import part. It does indeed work on the android
> emulator after getting requisite permissions but there is this data
> loss error. Any way out.?

libftdi is based on libusb. What is the version of libusb
are you using on your Android platform? Your problem
may well be not related to libftdi but rather an older
version of libusb.

Right now libusb on Android is still problematic with
regard to the permission issue. There are some talks of using
Android native USB codes to get around this but no
working codes yet.
https://github.com/libusb/libusb/tree/master/android

--
Xiaofan