libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: block usb device from module assignment

From: Ryan Tennill <rtennill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 09:37:09 -0500
True.

One thing to consider is making the rule specific to the hardware so that it isn't applied to other hardware with the same VID/PID pair. I recently encountered this when an optical chopper had the same chip that I use for a control board and I was only keying off VID/PID.

Ryan

Distant Focus Corporation
Champaign, IL 61822
217-351-2655 x126
http://distantfocus.com/projects/

On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 13:28 +0200, Laurent Perez wrote:
* Ryan Tennill <rtennill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2014-05-12 10:12] :

>    My first thought was the simple program to detach but it could be annoying
>    to do that every time you reconnect the hardware.

This program could be run automatically by udev if you add to the rule :

RUN+="/path/to/myprogram"

Cheers ;

Laurent.