libftdi Archives

Subject: FTDI_SIO and libftdi

From: Nick Teo <gt224@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 15:47:31 -0500
Hi all,

I have an FT230X on a board here that is being used to boot up a processor by bitbanging the 4 Cbus pins. After the processor has been booted up, I use the FT230X for serial communication. I've been having a little weird behavior with the chip. When I'm using minicom to test the serial communication (I'm using loopback) and I run my program to fix the pins, ftdi_read_pins states that the direction of the CBUS0 pin is an input, but I am able to change the pin like I would an output. For example, if I'm using the bitmask 0xF1 with ftdi_set_bitmode(ftdic, 0xF1, BITMOD_CBUS), ftdi_read_pins will say that the pins are 0xE1, and if I use 0xF0 the output will be 0xE0. However, when I'm not using minicom, the program behaves as expected.

I'm releasing the interface and then reattaching the kernel at the end of the program. So while the program is running, minicom will fail to find the device and then when the program is done running minicom will come back alive. Does anyone know the cause of this behavior?

Nick