libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi (serial_test) won't work on windows 7 64 bits bench

From: James Liu <jupiturliu@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 12:57:19 -0800
Hi Xiaofan,
  Thanks for your response .Here are answers:
  What do you mean by another terminal?
  1, It means a DOS terminal running on a PC.
  2. We understand very well now that WinUSB dose not allow multiple concurrent applications. thanks.
  3. We are going to use the latest libusbx and have a try with 32Bits build  . Will give you  updates soon.

  Regards,
  James

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 2:01 AM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 2:24 AM, James Liu <jupiturliu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>    Here are more updated regarding to FTDI2232H test with libftdi on Windows
> 7 (32 bits and 64 bits)
>
> Environment setsup:
>    1. Zadig 2.0.1(Build 160) to install WinUSB(libusbx) driver.
>    2. The Ftdi2232h controller was shown as two usb interface device
>    3. Running both stream_test and serial_test as described in my first
> email.
>    4. Running USBTRace 2.8.0.80 from sysnucleus.com to capture the usb
> traffic. I can see the data was written from serial_test to usb device, but
> there is no data was read from another terminal running serial_test.

What do you mean by another terminal?

> I also use visual studio 2012 to compile the serial_test code with slightly
> modification, I  debugged it step by step and found there is never data read
> from usb interface A or B(In my setup, I am using interface A)
>
> Could anybody here ever test the libftdi library on Windows 7 with read or
> stream read functions?   Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I am not so sure if I understand you correctly or not. But if you are running
two copies of serial_test program, then that will not work since WinUSB
does not allow that.

Wiki: https://github.com/libusbx/libusbx/wiki/Windows-Backend#known-restrictions
WinUSB does not support multiple concurrent applications

Also please try to use the latest version of libusbx Windows binary dll to
replace the dll inside the download to see if that helps.

And I am less confident about MinGW-w64, please use the 32bit
MinGW.org build libftdi binary to try again.

--
Xiaofan

The information contained in this communication is confidential, may be
attorney-client privileged, may constitute inside information, and is intended
only for the use of the addressee. It is the property of the
sender of this e-mail. Unauthorized use, disclosure, or copying of this
communication or any part thereof is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
by return e-mail and destroy this communication and all copies thereof,
including all attachments.