libftdi Archives

Subject: ftdi_set_interface

From: pluto mars <plutomars955@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 10:36:55 +0200
Hi All,

I am new to programming FTDI. I was wondering what this
set interface is meant ? What is INTERFACE_A, INTERFACE_B and so forth. It says to tell which channel of the chip you want to select. What is channel of a chip is meant with ? I have a UM232H chip. How can I sort out what channels it has ?? or what interface it has. In the datasheet I read something like JTAG, SPI and I2C interface, is this what is meant by interface ?? IF yes how do I know which correspond to INTERFACE_A and so forth. Sorry if this is a very stupid beginners questions.

regards,

pluto