libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Wait on I/O and libmpsse Questions

From: Nick Teo <gt224@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 14:22:43 -0400
Hi again,

I'm starting to understand the wait on I/O command. My issue is having to continuously poll the chip to find out if the interrupt has been triggered. I've been looking at the ftdi D2XX code and it seems that this can be done by setting the read timeout to be very large and then sending a buffer with 0x88 and then 0x87. After sending the buffer, call FT_Read which will block until it has received the number of bytes that it is supposed to have or the chip sends the buffer (because of the 0x87 command). Please correct me if I'm wrong

I've seen people use FT_seteventnotification, pthreads and cond_wait as an interrupt handler as well.

Are there any commands that will block the thread from continuing forward until a certain event has happened that doesn't poll every millisecond? Or is continuously polling the chip the only way to go?

Thanks,
Nick