libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: problem with python and FT4232H

From: Anton Smirnov <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 17:53:59 +0600
Sorry, but i don't understand python and i have experience with ftdi chips via libftdi only.

Anton

2013/8/22 Ottavio Campana <o.campana@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hello, I want to command the pins of the fourth serial port used in bitbang mode in python, but I am having some problems.

Here's my code:

#!/usr/bin/env python
import ftdi

ftdic = ftdi.ftdi_context ()
ftdi.ftdi_init (ftdic)
ftdi.ftdi_usb_open (ftdic, 0x0403, 0x6011)
chipid = ftdi.new_uintp()
ftdi.ftdi_read_chipid(ftdic, chipid)

ftdi.ftdi_set_interface (ftdic, ftdi.INTERFACE_D)
ftdi.ftdi_set_bitmode (ftdic, 0xFF, ftdi.BITMODE_BITBANG)

ftdi.ftdi_write_data (ftdic, '\xFF', 1)

I have two leds attached to DD0 and DD1. When I send the command, I expect the leds to have a fixed state, but they turn and off for a while and then there's no way to change their state any more, unless I unplug and replug the usb cable.

So my question is: is my code correct? It's so hard to find a good python example.

Thank you for your help

Ottavio