libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: data corruption at lower latency

From: Rogier Wolff <R.E.Wolff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 12:57:14 +0200
On Sat, Jun 01, 2013 at 12:38:50PM +0200, Thomas Jarosch wrote:

> I would start by adding raw logging of the data
> to disc and then examine it, may be create a new
> file for every incoming packet so it's nicely partitioned.

I would NOT do the new file trick if you're doing low-latency work.
creating a new file is going to cost significant time after a few
files.

        Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@xxxxxxxxxxxx ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **