libftdi Archives

Subject: ftdi_eeprom link failure

From: Hannes Weisbach <hannes_weisbach@xxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 17:41:53 +0200
Hello libftdi-developers.

I wanted to compile libftdi1 under OS X 10.6.8 and I followed README.build to
do so. However, ftdi_eeprom failed to link with the following error:
Linking C executable ftdi_eeprom
Undefined symbols:
  "_libintl_setlocale", referenced from:
      _cfg_init in libconfuse.a(confuse.o)
      _cfg_init in libconfuse.a(confuse.o)
  "_libintl_bindtextdomain", referenced from:
      _cfg_init in libconfuse.a(confuse.o)
  "_libintl_dgettext", referenced from:
      _cfg_include in libconfuse.a(confuse.o)
      _cfg_getopt in libconfuse.a(confuse.o)
      _cfg_getopt in libconfuse.a(confuse.o)
      _cfg_setopt in libconfuse.a(confuse.o)
      _cfg_setopt in libconfuse.a(confuse.o)
      _cfg_parse_internal in libconfuse.a(confuse.o)
      _cfg_parse_internal in libconfuse.a(confuse.o)

A bit of research suggested, that "-lintl" may be missing from the linker
flags. So I added it and everything compiled and linked fine. I added the
library to ftdi_eeprom/CMakeList.txt (see attached patch).

I don't know if this problem exists on other platforms or whether it even may
break something.

Best regards,
Hannes