libftdi Archives

Subject: found a bug in libftdi

From: Bryan.Richmond@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 12:21:59 -0400
I wasn't to sure where/who to send this to

The current master branch (commit: 68e78641352b9ae737f15bd55d93b11739fd333b) of libftdi won't compile.

I get the folling error after running make

bryan@bryan-VirtualBox:/app/src/libftdi$ make
[  5%] Building C object src/CMakeFiles/ftdi1.dir/ftdi.c.o
/app/src/libftdi/src/ftdi.c: In function ‘ftdi_set_eeprom_value’:
/app/src/libftdi/src/ftdi.c:3775:5: error: ‘eeprom’ undeclared (first use in this function)
/app/src/libftdi/src/ftdi.c:3775:5: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/ftdi1.dir/ftdi.c.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/ftdi1.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
bryan@bryan-VirtualBox:/app/src/libftdi$

heres the code from that line,which was added in the lattest commit on the master branch:

eeprom->initialized_for_connected_device = 0;

if you change this to

ftdi->eeprom->initialized_for_connected_device = 0;

it compiles just fine.  Although I haven't tried using the library yet it yet.

Bryan T. Richmond
Software Engineer
Environmental Sensors

INFICON, Inc
2 Technology Place
East Syracuse, NY 13057-9714

Phone: (315) 434-2559
Fax:      (315) 437-3803

E-Mail: bryan.richmond@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:
www.INFICON.com

NOTICE: - This message including any attachments is intended only for the use of the designated recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential information protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the original message including any attachments.