libftdi Archives

Subject: FT2232H question

From: Thomas Heller <theller@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 21:30:37 +0200
Sorry for this off-topic question, but I want to use the FTDI
knowledge in this forum:

I use a module (DLP-HS-FPGA) which has an FT2232H chip connected
to a Spartan3A FPGA.  One channel of the ftdi chip is used to program
the SPI-Flash, the other channel is used to communicate with the FPGA.

The former channel has one pin connected to the PROG_B pin of the FPGA,
to force a reload after programming to flash, by pulsing this pin low.

Unfortunately, this pin as also pulsed low when the USB-connector is
removed and reconnected to the PC - which causes a reload of the
FPGA but I do not want this.

The suggestion from the manufacturer was to break the connection between
the FT2232H pin and the PROG_B pin.  This no longer causes a reboot of
the FPGA, but the downside is that I have to power-cycle my board after
programming the flash to force a reload of the FPGA.

All in all, I need a way to pulse the PROG_B pin low programmatically
from the PC (over USB), but the PROG_B pin must stay high when the board
is disconnected and reconnected (without losing power) from the PC.

Does anyone see a püossibility to achive this?

Thanks,