libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Eeprom rewrite and patches

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 17:11:07 +0100
Moi Jarkko,

On Friday, 1. March 2013 22:10:41 Jarkko Sonninen wrote:
> I want to modify only some bits (invert_rx) in the eeprom. The current
> implementation expects the whole eeprom to be build from a configuration
> file. I think it should be possible to read the eeprom, make the
> modifications and write the eeprom back, without touching the other
> bits.
>
> Therefore I suggest two changes:
> 1) Add the "device release number" (bytes 6 and 7) to ftdi_eeprom and
> initialise it in ftdi_eeprom_initdefaults and ftdi_eeprom_decode. The
> current implementation forces a new value in ftdi_eeprom_build.
>
> 2) Change the behaviour of eeprom->initialized_for_connected_device
> flag so that will tell if the eeprom buffer is ready to be written.
> Currently is only set in ftdi_eeprom_initdefaults, but I suggest that it
> would be set ftdi_eeprom_build.

Good idea!

The patch got mangled by your mail client (line breaks).

Please send the patches again as separate emails.

Reading the subject line of the patches, you wanted to squash
the third patch into the second?

One little bugfix: Please add the new "release_number" variable add
the end of the eeprom structure. Otherwise we break binary compatibility.

Thanks!