libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: patch to libftdi-1.0 git head, fix opening of multiple devices

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 11:21:06 +0100
>>>>> "derRolf" == derRolf  <derRolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

    derRolf> Am 17.01.13 14:32, schrieb Thomas Jarosch:
    derRolf> thanks for your thoughts. Yes, we have our own
    derRolf> VID/PID. However, our software needs to operate multiple
    derRolf> devices with the same VID/PID (multi-threaded). The only
    derRolf> difference between the devices is the serial number, which is
    derRolf> unique for each device. We have settings and configuration data
    derRolf> for the devices, which applies to the specific device
    derRolf> (i.e. serial number). Depending on the serial number
    derRolf> (i.e. device type) we boot different FPGA bitstreams.

As a workaround, specify only the serial number and not th product string.

--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx