libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: New user, testing libftdi RC 1.0

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 09:36:36 +0800
On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM, Shabaz Yousaf <shabaz_yousaf@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Finally figured it out : )
> I removed the libusb-win32 driver, and installed winusb, and all is well,
> the serial_test.exe works
> when I short RXD and TXD.
>
> I'll continue to experiment over the next few weeks.
>
> Sorry for the multiple messages.

Glad that you solved the issue.

Just remember that libftdi-1.0 is using libusb-1.0 API. Under
Windows, you have to install a driver which supports libusb-1.0
Windows.

The easiest way to use libusb-1.0 under Windows is to use
the ready-made libusbx Windows binary here.
http://libusbx.org/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusbx/files/releases/

For driver installation, the easiest way is to use Zadig and
install WinUSB driver.
https://github.com/libusbx/libusbx/wiki/Windows-Backend#wiki-Driver_Installation

Take note that the latest libusbx 1.0.14 release supports
three drivers, WinUSB, libusb0.sys (libusb-win32 device
driver) and libusbk.sys (libusbK device driver). But the support
of WinUSB is the most mature, followed by libusbK,sys and
the libusb0.sys. In particular, it does not support using
libusb-win32 filter drivers on composite interface (eg: FT2232x).

--
Xiaofan