libftdi Archives

Subject: doxygen-derived docstrings for the python bindings

From: Dan White <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 00:45:34 -0500
My current usage of libftdi is solely through the python bindings
talking to a FT4232-based board.  In that capacity, I spend much time
at an ipython console

The attached patches first enable XML generation in doxygen, then
generate docstrings for the python bindings from the function
documentation in ftdi.c.  It uses a BSD-licensed script to generate an
.i file for SWIG which is then included from ftdi1.i.  Having the
docstrings available from a python console has been a nice addition
over even the function signature only.

On top of the bindings, I've made a custom SPI class which handles
arbitrary port output bit(s) as chip-selects and a bit-banged I2C
class that uses configurable pins for SDA/SCL and leaves the rest of
the port bits as gpio's.  If it gets extracted from the
application-specific stuff, I'll post those somewhere public and ping
the list.

Thanks,
Dan

--