libftdi Archives

Subject: Writing data while receiving stream

From: Eike Suthau <suthau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 17:55:59 +0200
Hello,

First out, thank you (Uwe?) very much for the streaming support in the
libftdi development branch! Based on stream_test.c my application is
working very nicely, and receiving data at more than 20 MB/s (I have
tested >> 30 MB/s without problems).

Since my communication needs to be bidirectional I also have to send
data to the device, this is where I have come across a strange
behaviour. When calling "ftdi_write_data()" outside the read callback
function the application will crash. Calling "ftdi_write_data()" in the
callback function without "progress" being true will terminate the
application as well.

Could you explain why I'm seeing this behaviour, is it to be expected?
What are the restrictions for calling "ftdi_write_data()" while reading
stream data?

Thanks a lot in advance!
eike