libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: GetRxBytesAvailable equivalent in libftdi

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 09:47:03 +0200
>>>>> "cortical" == cortical  <farhanbaluch@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

    cortical> Hi, I am trying to port some C# code based on the ftdid2xx
    cortical> library to C++ under linux using libftdi. The windows code
    cortical> uses a function "GetRxBytesAvailable", to poll the device and
    cortical> wait till a specific number of bytes are in the buffer then
    cortical> goes ahead and reads them with the Read function.

    cortical> I am wondering if there is an equivalent function or set of
    cortical> functions in libftdi to accomplish this checking of the bytes
    cortical> available before actually reading them. If not can anyone
    cortical> enlighten me on how something like this could be accomplished?

    cortical> thanks cortical

See my reply from
Subject: Re: Wait on event
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 10:47:22 +0200