libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: How to open the second channel on a FT2232H device?

From: Thomas Heller <theller@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 16:46:57 +0200
Am 30.04.2012 13:48, schrieb Thomas Heller:
> I'm having problems opening the second channel on a FT2232H device
> (Windows7 64 bit, using Xiafan Chen's 0.20 binary snapshot build).

[...]
> 3. Using libusb-win32 drivers only, for both "USB Serial Converter
> (Interface 0)" and "USB Serial Converter (Interface 1)".
> A) works, B) doesn't work.

I got case 3. to work with libftdi, by specifying the correct index and
interface numbers for each call.  Which is a bit unfortunate, since I
have to guess the order, although the interface number for each
is contained in the usb_device interface descriptor.

To me it seems a function is needed like this:

int ftdi_usb_open_desc_interface_index(struct ftdi_context *ftdi,
                             int vendor, int product,
                             const char* description,
                             const char* serial,
                             unsigned int interface,