libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: ftdi_eeprom hangs opening FT2232H device

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:50:20 +0800
On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Daniel Kirkham <dk2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get my DLP-2232H module (FT2232H plus 93LC46) working with
> libftdi, initially to rewrite the EEPROM so that the device starts one of
> the two channels in UART mode.
> Long term, my application will probably work with just the stock linux
> driver (ftdi_sio) but I will need to use MPSSE to program a CPLD in place,
> and so need to get libftdi working with the device.
>
> But to my initial problem. I've downloaded the libftdi tree from git, found
> what I believe are the appropriate development libraries and compiled. But
> when I run either ftdi_eeprom, or examples/eeprom the programs hang
> indefinitely apparently trying to fully claim the device.
> The problem may lie inside libusb, but I figured there may be greater
> knowledge of FTDI devices in this forum.

If you suspect libusb-1.0 and you may well be correct since the
older 1.0.8 is buggy and 1.0.9 was only released a few days ago
after the fork libusbx announced. You should try libusb-1.0.9
or the fork libusbx-1.0.10 to see if they solve your problem.

One of the libusb-1.0.8 bugs which has caused many problem
for people running Linux: http://www.libusb.org/ticket/56

libusb-1.0: http://www.libusb.org/
libusbx: http://www.libusbx.org/

--