libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: IDCODE

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 10:47:11 +0100

    Vivien> Hi Thanks for your answer, but I don't understand why FTDI4232H
    Vivien> (0x6011) is always unsupported, I always have to edit c files to
    Vivien> implement it, it 's so easy to make a part of code which search
    Vivien> if a FTDI device is connected :)

It's easy to add code for a part you don't have, but it's hard to test. The
programs you talk about are open source. So if you have the part, extend the
code, test it as _you_ have the part and send a patch.

    Vivien> In fact I'm just searching for a c code which print the IDCODE
    Vivien> not a program :) Have you got it ?  Thanks a lot, and have a
    Vivien> good day !

Well, if the program prints the IDCODE, the code to print must somehow be
buried in the source of the program. And the source is available. So get the
code and search for it...

    Vivien> http-equiv="Content-Type"> </head> <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF"
Please, no HTML in mail to mailing lists.

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx