libftdi Archives

Subject: libftdi vs d2xx behaviour - FT232r synchronous mode

From: "Lazarus Longitudis" <Lazarus-Long@xxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:09:18 +0100

 Hi,

 I am trying to port some code from PyUSB with d2xx binary drivers from ftdi.
 To get concrete it is this file:
 https://github.com/fizzisist/x6500-miner/blob/master/ft232r.py

 I've replaced all calls. Now with the working read_data it looks quite good
and it seems just straight forward.

 Now I have some strange difference. On the first write/read cycle the original
code writes and reads 306 bytes. The ported code write and reads 306 bytes too,
but the first read 4 bytes differ in some bits.

 The d2xx code returns:

 The ported one:

 There are no sticky bits nor one can says that all occurrences of i.e. 0x91
are read as 0x11.

 I've tried slower baud rates, but the values keep the same.

 Anyone an idea what this might be?

 best regards,
 Lazarus