libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: [bug] ftdi c++ bindings broken?

From: David Kuehling <dvdkhlng@xxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 15:42:37 +0200
>>>>> "Uwe" == Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>>>> "David" == David Kuehling <dvdkhlng@xxxxxx> writes:
David> hi, just tried to make the ftdipp library from git head work, but
David> my test program already fails in Context::open(vendor,product).
David> The other libftdi programs supplied in the example/ directory
David> seem to work.

David> open(vendor,product) calls ftdi_usb_open(), which succeeds, then
David> calls get_strings_and_reopen(), which calls get_strings(), which
David> calls ftdi_usb_get_strings(), which fails, as it passes in d->dev
David> which hasn't been set yet.

David> Maybe the correct fix is to set d->dev to d->ftdi->dev after
David> ftdi_usb_open()?

> Perhaps create a small example program in the example directory that
> shows the error. Then create a patch to fix that error and send the
> patches...

I'm just using libftdi for the first time, and wasn't prepared to debug
that problem in-depth.  That's why my bug report is a little shallow and
doesn't provide a working patch.

For now I just dropped ftdipp and using the bare-bones libftdi works
without problems.

cheers,

David